torsdag 10 december 2009

My Dark Days


My daughter is 13 yrs of age and my son is 11 yrs of age. Both of my children have to travel to school every morning using the subway which means that they have to wake up quite early so as to be in school on time. The trip to school takes about 45 mins each morning. When my husband is working in the morning sometimes he gets to take them. I on the other hand am a full time working mother who works mostly during the nights I do love my job cant complain. During this months of darkness I feel quite left out of every thing. Am home in the morning when my children have already left for school and sleep a bit only to awake when its dark again. By the time the children come back from school its around six o' clock and they are normally too tired or doing their homework. The first question that my son normally asks is if am working tonight again. He has never understood the reason why I work nights. My daughter understands.