onsdag 13 januari 2010

MIXED FEELINGS

One of my friends got a shock of a life time the other day while she was out shopping with a her boyfriend. The boyfriend had gone off to a news vendor and came back with a couple of swedes who introduced themselves as fellow Kenyans in swahili. My friend was flabbergasted that she had no words. They spoke pure swahili and even sheng not only that, kikuyu too. They had lived in Kenya for over 20yrs and were here for a short visit since their grand mother had taken ill. What a twist. Who should be here for a short visit? They were making comments like you know us africans cant stand the winter. And my friend was looking at them like what the hell are you talking about. When she narrated the story to me I could not help but just laugh out loud. What a twist of a story. Would have loved to meet them myself.